Easy to book - Secure Online Payments - Instant email confirmation - Flexible to make changes
Madame Tussauds Wax Museum Sydney
Madame Tussauds Wax Museum
Madame Tussauds - So who do you want to meet?
In a world obsessed with celebrity and natural curiosity, Madame Tussauds Wax Museum is more popular today than ever before. Originating in Paris in 1770 – when news was mostly spread by word-of-mouth – Madame Tussaud developed a unique way of creating infamous wax figures of their real-life identities with precision care and likeness. She crafted her works in an inimitable visual manner that left no room for doubt as to each character's notoriety. A truly unique opportunity for the everyday public to get up close to their more famous and life-size counterparts, remains a fascinating prospect.
Madame Tussauds opened in Sydney in April 2012, and has proved as popular here as in its many other branches in cities around the world. Beautifully laid out for optimum manoeuvrability, your journey begins on the red carpet with camera bulbs flashing as you strike a pose, on your way into the history of the discovery of Australia. Meet Captain Cook and Sir Joseph Banks, Ned Kelly, and Slim Dusty. Australian music, television, and sporting icons are here in abundance, from Harold in Ramsay Street to Kylie Minogue, Elle 'The Body' McPherson, Dame Edna, and Miranda Kerr, to Donald Bradman, Greg Norman, Jimmy Barnes, and Michael Hutchence. Many of the interactive displays allow you to sing with your icons, or play a game with your favourite sporting stars. It's a glittering fantasy world that is yours for the day and fun for the whole family.
Meet American President, Barrack Obama, in the Oval Office and stand proudly alongside personal heroes such as Gandhi, Queen Elizabeth, or Saint Mary MacKillop. Continue on the red carpet to the A-List party of international mega-stars, Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, Justin Bieber, Johnny Depp, Nicole Kidman, Leonardo DiCaprio and many many more!
Behind the Scenes
Each wax figure costs over $200,000 to produce and in excess of 800 hours of painstaking work by an elite group of highly-trained wax sculptors, who are able to replicate every single detail with precision accuracy. A number of displays show the process involved and you have the opportunity to have your own hand cast in wax, to forever remind you of the fabulous day you spent at Madame Tussauds Sydney.
- Entry into Madame Tussauds wax museum
- Photo opportunities with over 70 wax figures
- Interactive displays & activities
- Allow 90 minutes
- Madame Tussauds is open from 9.30am to 6pm (last entry is 5pm)
- Located on the city side of Darling Harbour at the south end of King Street wharf, Sydney
- Operates daily all year
- Madame Tussauds is a 10 minute walk from the cbd of Sydney & there is a ferry stop right outside
- We have specialist photographers in four zones that will assist you in taking your memorable photographs with the stars (1 photo for $20, $5 for every additional photo)
- Experience the magic of wax-making by getting your very own wax-hand made at Madame Tussauds Sydney. This once in a life-time experience takes approximately 20 minutes & each hand is completely unique ($25 for 1 hand, $35 for 2 hands)
- Child rates apply (4-15yrs) & kids under 4 are free. Children must be accompanied by an adult
- The last entry is at 5pm on weekdays & 6pm in weekends with doors closing an hour later
- Madame Tussauds is right next to the awesome new Wild Life Sydney Zoo aussie animal adventure attraction & Sydney Sea Life Aquarium on Darling Harbour & you can save on entry to both with our mega-value combination passes
Prices & Options
Child (4-15yrs): AUD$28.00
No Questions yet
Be the first to ask about Madame Tussauds Wax Museum (Sydney).
96% of new customers that used Everything Australia to provide advice and securely book their Australia activities have let us know they've had a good or excellent experience with us. Thank you.