Easy to book - Secure Online Payments - Instant email confirmation - Flexible to make changes
Shark Diving - Swim with Great Whites Port Lincoln
Shark Diving - Swim with Great Whites
Don’t miss your chance to ‘dive in’ to an experience of a lifetime – viewing Great White Sharks in their natural habitat from the safety of the boat or enter the underwater sub to get a little closer. For the ultimate experience challenger yourself to the cage dive!
Shark Bay, which is located at the Neptune Islands in South Australia, holds host to Adventure Bay Charters – Australia’s first advanced eco-certified shark viewing and cage diving experience (Advanced Eco-tourism is the highest level of ECO Certification in Australia). Embark on an exciting full-day tour, departing from Port Lincoln marina. The tour allows you to soak up the spectacular scenery of the Thorny Passage – which is inhabited by playful dolphins and sea birds – as you travel approximately 70kms south to Shark Bay, at Neptune Island.
On arrival at Shark Bay, the friendly folk from Adventure Bay Charters get to work on attracting the sharks to the boat. To do this, they use omnidirectional audio sound vibration, which is completely eco-friendly and more effective than burley. The Great Whites are instantaneously ‘called’ to the boat from all directions with the sound vibrations and the sharks are also better behaved – as opposed to burley, which only attracts sharks from one direction and often causes overt aggression. On a lighter note, these Kings of the Ocean have actually been shown to respond best to the rocking compositions of Australian band, AC/DC! True Aussies, through and through.
Once the Great Whites arrive, you have the chance to view the sharks from the safety of the boat – a thrilling experience in itself. For the braver souls – those who didn’t suffer nightmares from watching Jaws – you may choose to enter the realm of one of the world’s deadliest creatures, completely safe behind the bars of a hardened steel cage. If you would prefer the 45-minute cage dive experience (all gear and training included), an additional fee of $125 will be required; however, you only pay when you see a shark.
Not keen to get wet?
If you aren't up for the swim but would still like to be active with your Great White viewing then you can opt to enter the underwater view sub. This will also cost $125 and if you would like to do both the swim and underwater sub viewing then the additional cost on board the boat is $150.
Take the plunge and book with us today for a memory-creating, experience of a lifetime!
- Full day sightseeing adventure
- Cruise to Neptune Islands through Thorny Passage (2 hour 45 minute cruise by boat from Port Lincoln)
- Swim with the great white sharks (optional extra - $125 more to pay on day)
- View great white sharks from the underwater sub (optional extra - $125 more to pay on day)
- Wetsuit & mask included if upgrading to the swim option
- Tea, coffee, lunch, morning tea & afternoon tea
- Drinks & light snacks available for purchase
- Merchandise available to purchase on board
- Allow a full day
- 7am (returns 7pm)
- Departs the boarding pontoon opposite By the Sea Gallery, corner of Jubilee Drive & South Quay Blvd, Port Lincoln Marina, South Australia
- Operates daily but please contact us to check availability before you book as government regulations prevent these tours from being scheduled every day. Always run on Saturday & Sunday but not every weekday
- This tour is popular so we recommend booking several weeks in advance
- Swim with the sharks operates Saturday & Sunday as well as various other weekdays. If you are interested in going on another day please contact us to check availability
- Maximum of 27 passengers on board the boat
- Child rates apply (5-16yrs)
- Bring with you a warm jacket, camera (underwater camera available for purchase on board the boat), sunglasses and sun screen, towel
- Optional cage swim with the great whites or underwater sub viewing are available for $125 extra. This fee is payable on board the boat and does not need to be pre-booked. If you would like to both the swim & underwater sub viewing then the cost is $150
- Free transfers from Anchorage Apartments, Marina Hotel/Apartments, Navigators Inn, Port Lincoln Hotel, Sarin Group Townhouses, Port Lincoln Tourist Park & Adventure Backpackers
- No dive certification required! All dives are surface dives using “hookah” (surface air supply) meaning no cumbersome air tanks! You will only be 2-4 feet below the surface at all times and free to surface at any time. Necessary training is provided on the day
Prices & Options
Great White Experience:
- adult AUD$395.00
- child (5-16yrs) AUD$285.00
Genuine Customer Reviews powered by
Service rating: good
The booking and redemption process was a bit clunky, especially for the Eureka tower vouchers we bought. We had to buy the vouchers, re-enter a voucher code on the ET website, print that page, then still had to wait in line for it to be re-processed on site. Overall the 5% discount was well worth it for the larger purchases (shark diving), but for small activities I wouldn't buy from them again.
Product rating: excellent
Service rating: excellent
Easy booking. Good communication. Pick up from hotel spot on. Fair pricing.
Product rating: excellent
Brilliant staff. Excellent knowledge and catering.
Latest Questions about Shark Diving - Swim with Great Whites (Port Lincoln)
What do you get for this price....from my understanding you have to pay extra on top of this to go in the cage or the sub......is this correct????
Please can you tell me what dates you are diving in December?
Is parking readily available?
Are family allowed to come on the boat if the aren't going to dive? is it cheaper if i purchase 2 tickets?
I am planning to holiday in Pt Lincoln next year, what month would be the best time to avoid inclement weather and to see the Great Whites?
How many passenger can each tour take?
What is your policy regarding GoPro camera's?
When is the best time to go shark cage diving in Port Lincoln?
if a shark is not seen during the trip, can we come back the next day without an additional fee? are the dates nov 7 -12 available for shark cage diving? thank you!
96% of new customers that used Everything Australia to provide advice and securely book their Australia activities have let us know they've had a good or excellent experience with us. Thank you.