Easy to book - Secure Online Payments - Instant email confirmation - Flexible to make changes
Reef Boat Day Trip - Sunlover Reef Cruises Cairns
Reef Boat Day Trip - Sunlover Reef Cruises
Sunlover Reef Cruises operate luxury cruises that take you to Moore Reef in comfort and style every day of the week. No matter how old or young you are, this is an experience you’ll remember for life.
You will have about four hours to discover the outer reef from the company’s pontoon on Moore Reef, giving you ample time to drink in the awe-inspiring beauty and magnificence of this spectacular ocean environment.
Your journey on board the state of the art, air conditioned catamaran will put you in the lap of luxury. The vessel departs each day from the Reef Fleet Terminal, located in central Cairns. The company understands that visitors want a relaxed experience devoid of stress, so a late departure can be arranged for to enable you to plan your day with more flexibility.
Other than what’s included with your cruise fare, you can opt for a variety of thrilling optional activities available at an additional cost. Optional extras cannot be booked in advance and participation is subject to availability on the day of your trip.
Introductory Scuba Diving
If you’d like to get up close and personal with breathtaking displays of coral and undersea creatures on the Great Barrier Reef, an introductory scuba diving experience with Sunlover Reef Cruises will enable you to do just that, no prior experience needed.
All instructors have the requisite PADI qualifications and practical experience, enabling you to fully lose yourself in the enchanting reef experience even if you have never tried scuba diving before. A variety of special dive sites are available, and all dives will be tailored to your level of experience and confidence. You’ll have the use of top notch equipment and, with not more than four people assigned to each instructor, your experience will be a safe and enriching one.
If you’re a certified scuba diver but have never experienced the magnificence of the Great Barrier Reef, now’s your chance. Sunlover Reef Cruises organise dives for certified divers at a variety of incredible locations sure to pique the interest of even the most accomplished diver.
Guided Snorkelling Adventure Tour
If you’re keen on snorkelling the Great Barrier Reef, embarking on a guided snorkelling adventure tour is one of the best ways to do it. Together with a professional marine naturalist, you will embark on a 30 minute long tour that takes place underwater and enables you to experience the reef and the marine life within in the best possible way.
View and learn more about the Giant Claim, which is the biggest Bi-Valve on earth, the iconic Clown Fish swimming through Anemone Coral and the magnificent Giant Blue Starfish or Linkia Sp. A whole host of other facts will also be brought to your attention as you find out more and more about the incredible corals and sea creatures that can only be seen on the mighty Great Barrier Reef of Queensland.
Seawalker Helmet Diving
The Seawalker Helmet Diving experience offers a wonderfully unique way of exploring the Great Barrier Reef. Seawalking was devised to enable people to experience the thrill of the world beneath the waves without needing any prior experience or knowledge at all about diving.
During the experience, you will be accompanied by a qualified Seawalker diving instructor. The experience differs from scuba diving in that you are able to breathe using both your nose and mouth, just as you do on land. You’ll be able to keep your hair and face completely dry even as you immerse yourself in the underwater world of the Great Barrier Reef.
You’ll have the use of top notch equipment and will be placed in groups led by a qualified instructor and that are limited to a maximum of six people, ensuring all participants a safe and enjoyable experience.
- Luxury travel to the reef on-board our air-conditioned catamaran
- Informative presentation hosted by our marine naturalist
- Delicious chef-prepared buffet luncheon featuring fresh seafood, hot dishes, salads & sumptuous tropical fruits
- Guided coral viewing from our semi-submersible craft & glass bottom boat
- On-board touch tank to experience unique marine life up close
- All snorkelling equipment
- Afternoon tea
- Optional activities to personalise your day on the water including Certified & Introductory Diving, Seawalker® Platform Helmet Diving & Guided Snorkel Tours
- Scenic Helicopter Flights are also available & may be booked onboard
- Allow 7.5 hrs
- 9.30am (returns by 5.30pm)
- Departs from the Cairns marina
- Operates daily all year
- All inclusive price for basic day of snorkelling, lunch, semi sub & glass bottom boat
- Optional extras should be pre booked as they are very popular
- Please read the important dive information
- Fully licensed bar on board the boat
- Lunch includes: Freshly baked bread with butter, chilled prawns with lemon wedges & seafood sauce, home cut coleslaw, potato salad finished with wholegrain mustard sauce, a selection of cold meats, beef curry, steamed jasmine rice, chicken & white wine caserole, boiled new potatos with herb butter, chefs selection of fresh local & tropical fruits
- Toilets onboard
- Family rates available
- Child rates for 4 - 15yrs. Children under 4 years free of charge
- Environmental Management Fee (EMC) is included in the price
- Please leave at least 24 hours after your last dive before flying
- Sunlover has free wi-fi available on board
Prices & Options
Child (4-15yrs): AUD$106.00
Family (2ad+2ch): AUD$530.00
- Sea Walker Helmet Diving (12yrs+) AUD$155.00
- Introductory Scuba Dive (12yrs+) AUD$145.00
- Certified Scuba Dive (12yrs+) AUD$95.00
- Guided snorkelling Adventure -adult AUD$49.00
- Guided snorkelling Adventure -child AUD$35.00
No Questions yet
Be the first to ask about Reef Boat Day Trip - Sunlover Reef Cruises (Cairns).
96% of new customers that used Everything Australia to provide advice and securely book their Australia activities have let us know they've had a good or excellent experience with us. Thank you.