Easy to book - Secure Online Payments - Instant email confirmation - Flexible to make changes
Learn to Dive Course - 4 Days - Downunder Dive Cairns
Learn to Dive Course - 4 Days - Downunder Dive
Down Under Cruise and Dive’s 4 day PADI Learn to Dive Course
If you’ve ever dreamt of witnessing with your own eyes the incredible sights and immeasurable magnificence of the world under the sea, now’s your chance. Explore an underwater paradise that is also the most varied ecosystem on earth—the world famous Great Barrier Reef. Imagine having close encounters with a variety of colourful tropical fish, sea turtles and an incredible array of other marine species that will have you at the edge of your seat.
You’ll attend lessons helmed by enthusiastic and knowledgeable instructors who will school you in all aspects of the available Open Water dive courses. Upon successful completion of your course, you will not only become competent at scuba diving, but also a PADI-certified scuba diver, obtaining a qualification which is recognised all the world.
Down Under Dive has achieved international recognition as one of the most reliable dive training companies in the world, helping more than 6,000 students successfully receive certification each year. As one of the world’s best PADI 5 star Diver Training Facilities, Down Under Dive uses only the newest and most advanced technology, equipment and methods of instruction. Dive instructors who speak multiple languages are available to cater to people from all over the world.
Days 1 & 2
Your course starts at the training centre, which is equipped with classrooms with air-conditioning, as well as what is the largest training pool in Cairns built specially for scuba dive training. On the first day, you’ll go through a medical check to ensure you’re good to go. You can receive a refund on the first day if you don’t pass the swimming or medical tests.
Days 3 & 4
Riding Downunder Dive’s brand new boat Evolution, you’ll make two day trips that take you all the way to the Great Barrier Reef’s outer edge. Under the watchful eye of your knowledgeable instructor, you will explore the Great Barrier Reef’s warm, crystal clear waters. When you have completed all the requirements of the course, you will be awarded a PADI scuba licence by your instructor.
Day 5 (optional upgrade)
Spend a full day on the Evolution, enjoying as well three certified dives that enable you to put your newfound skills into practice. (This $100 upgrade enables each person to save $124.)
- Expert tuition from our friendly & experienced dive instructors
- 2 days of theory & pool training
- PADI Dive Manual
- 2 days of Open Water diving on the Great Barrier Reef on Osprey V
- 4 Open Water training dives
- Free city transfers
- All equipment is included
- BBQ lunch provided onboard Evolution, days 3 & 4 (optional day 5)
- 4 full days (extra day upgrade available)
- 7.30am complimentary pick up from Cairns accommodation or 8am registration at the Downunder Dive training centre in Cairns
- Dive Courses commence Monday, Wednesday & Friday only all year
- 5 day option is same as 4 day but with extra day on Evolution with 3 dives included
- Please read the important dive information before booking your dive course
- You can cancel your Learn to Dive course for any reason at any time up to the end of Day 1 of the course & receive a full refund of all money paid to Downunder Dive Cairns. There is no refund for any reason after this time
- An additional fee of $20 per person per day while on dive boat is payable direct to Downunder Dive. This fee consists of a $5 Government Environmental Charge (EMC) as well as a Port Departure Tax, fuel levy & administration charges
- A dive medical for Open Water Courses are now not required in Cairns (Queensland) unless the traveller is found to have any medical conditions which will affect his or her dive skills
- Children under the age of 15 must be accompanied by a parent or adult over the age of 18. Minimum age is 12 years old. There is no maximum age
- It is a course requirement that you be able to swim 200 metres & tread water/float for 10 minutes
- Please leave at least 24 hours after your last dive before flying
Prices & Options (includes AUD$20.00 per day reef tax )
4 Day Open Water Dive Course:
- adult (12yrs+) AUD$560.00
Latest Questions about Learn to Dive Course - 4 Days - Downunder Dive (Cairns)
I will be arriving in Cairns early morning on December 28th and am interested in starting the course on the 28th but am not sure if I can make it. Can I have a more specific itinerary so I can see if I can make it? I also want to know the schedule for the other days so I can plan accordingly as well.
Hi I am trying to organise when I can compete this but I work Thursdays and Fridays, are you flexible at all? Also do you do the course if it falls on a public holiday?
96% of new customers that used Everything Australia to provide advice and securely book their Australia activities have let us know they've had a good or excellent experience with us. Thank you.