Ballooning - Raging Thunder Cairns
Ballooning - Raging Thunder
Let Raging Thunder introduce you to the safe and exciting sport of ballooning, in a spectacular dawn trip which highlights the diverse eco-culture of the Cairns region. As the sun rises our pilots gently lift off and quietly glide the balloons over the panorama of the Cairns Highlands (also known as the Atherton Tablelands).
Afterwards you are treated to a wonderful breakfast at our outback adventures site, and then returned to Cairns or Kuranda with plenty of time to enjoy other tours in the same day. And did we mention that Raging Thunder fly the world’s LARGEST commercial balloons which are over 120ft tall? So get aboard and experience the ride of your life!!!
Because of the nature of balloons they can’t be steered, instead they are carried along by wind currents. The Kuranda range provides a buffer from the coastal winds, making the gentle Mareeba valley the ideal place for ballooning, having less cancelled flying days than any other location in the world. Just after dawn the cool air in the Mareeba Valley provides the stable conditions which are perfect for ballooning, which is why we fly at dawn. Allowing our flights to always be controlled, with our landing being gentle affairs with the basket remaining in the upright position.
- Return accommodation transfers
- Exhilarating scenic Tablelands balloon flight (30 or 60 minute flights available)
- Australia's most experienced balloon pilots
- Friendly helpful crew
- Flight certificate
- Cross Country Balloon chase
- Photos & merchandise available for purchase on the day
- Allow 5hrs (includes return accommodation transfers from Cairns)
- 4.15am (returns by 10.15am)
- The 30 minute flight (express return) returns by 8.30am in time for 9am reef boats & other morning activities
- Pick up from your Cairns or Northern Beaches accommodation
- Operates daily all year
- Flights routes may vary due to weather and at the pilot's discretion
- Dress warmly as it can be cold early in the morning
- Sunglasses are strongly recommended
- Children must be at least 4 years old (no infants) for safety reasons
- Ballooning is not suitable for anyone who is pregnant
- An additional $30pp Aviation Insurance Levy payable on the day of tour