Reef Boat Day Trip - Port Douglas - Poseidon Port Douglas
Reef Boat Day Trip - Port Douglas - Poseidon
- World renowned Port Douglas based dive boat (Cairns transfers available)
- Departs at 8.30am daily (returns by 4.30pm)
- 5 hours at 3 different Agincourt Ribbon Reefs (16 different outer reefs to choose from)
- Includes lunch & snorkel/dive equipment
- Scuba diving & snorkelling
- Swim with whales between May & August
Poseidon visits three spectacular sites on the outer edge of the Agincourt Ribbon Reefs. The crystal-clear waters, beautiful corals and incredible fish life found at the Agincourts, enables Poseidon to offer the best possible day boat diving and snorkeling.
Poseidon caters to snorkellers, introductory and certified divers. Divers can enjoy three guided dives, including drift dives, wall dives, and isolated pinnacles surrounded by pelagic fish and coral gardens.
Snorkellers can enjoy unrestricted exploration of shallow lagoons and spectacular drop-offs, with an unbelievable variety of fragile corals and colourful fish life. A Reef Interpretation Talk, Guided Snorkel Tour and delicious lunch in provided.
Poseidon attracts the most discerning traveller with high expectations of the Great Barrier Reef, a world heritage site, offering a choice of snorkelling, introductory and certified diving. Poseidon has one of only 3 day permits to swim with Dwarf Minke Whales.
Snorkelling is the easiest way to enjoy the colours and variety of fragile corals and fish life found in the shallow lagoons. Poseidon's snorkelling guides/Marine Biologists will help you identify the marine life with a guided snorkel tour and in-water assistance. Enjoy the freedom of snokelling!
Introductory Diving is often the highlight for any visitor to the reef who wants to experience a dive for the first time. No previous experience required to enjoy the thrill of scuba diving.
Certified Diving for the more experienced diver is exhilarating on Poseidon. Small dive groups, drift dives, wall dives, isolated bommies . . .lots of underwater action! Three dives available.
Swim with Whales between May and August
Anyone fortunate enough to be visiting Port Douglas between May and August has a unique opportunity to SWIM WITH DWARF MINKE WHALES during day trips.
Owned by Ports longest established family reef tour operator, Poseidon holds one of only three permits issued to day boats by the marine park managers, GBRMPA, allowing passengers to deliberately swim with these curious and friendly whales that grow to 8 meters in length. A WORLD'S FIRST, this interaction relies upon Poseidon following very strict guidelines to avoid disturbing these beautiful animals.
Swimmers in groups of ten are sent out along a floating line once whales have been seen near the boat. And no weight belts, scuba gear or flash photography is permitted. By following this passive approach, invariably the WHALES SWIM CLOSE to the swimmers to satisfy their own curiosity, often staying close by for over an hour until the boat finally has to move on to the next site.
- Courtesy transfer in the Port Douglas area
- Morning/Afternoon tea,cake and fruit platter
- Delicious tropical buffet lunch with Prawns
- Reef interpretation talk
- Guided snorkel tour with marine biologist
- All snorkel equipment & tuition incl prescription masks
- Lycra suits and flotation devices
- Fresh water showers
- 3 spectacular reef sites
- Professional photographer onboard
- Allow 8 hours in total (5 hours at the Reef)
- 8.30am from Marina Mirage in Port Douglas (returns at 4.30pm)
- 7am from Cairns accommodation (returns 6pm)
- Complimentary pick up from Port Douglas accommodation or make your own way to the Port Douglas Marina.
- Operates daily all year
- The boat departs from Port Douglas marina (1hr north of Cairns) with bus transfers available from Cairns
- Please read the important dive information before booking your intro or certified dive
- Fully licensed bar on board the boat
- Toilets and baby change facilities
- Child rates for 4 - 14yrs. Children under 4 years free of charge
- Minimum age for scuba diving is 12 years
- Environmental Management Fee (EMC) of $6 per person is payable on board as well as any relevant port departure taxes and fuel levies
- Please leave at least 24 hours after your last dive before flying