Learn to Dive Course - 4 Days - Downunder Dive Cairns
Learn to Dive Course - 4 Days - Downunder Dive
Down Under Cruise and Dive’s 4 day PADI Learn to Dive Course
Have you always wanted to experience the splendor and beauty of the underwater world? Plunge down under on an adventure to discover the world’s most diverse ecosystem the Great Barrier Reef! Picture yourself face to face with sea turtles, tropical fish and many other different species of marine life that will have you screaming for more.
Our professional and friendly instructors will provide attentive expert tuition on all Open Water dive courses. Once you have successfully completed your course you will be competent and internationally recognized as a PADI scuba diver.
Down Under Dive is internationally recognized as one of the World's leading dive training companies certifying over 6000 students a year. It is one of the finest PADI 5 star Diver Training Facilities in the world, offering the latest in equipment, technology and instruction from multi lingual Dive instructors.
Days 1 & 2
Begin your course at our training centre with air-conditioned classrooms and Cairns’ largest purpose built training pool. Medical checks are completed in our office on Day 1. Refunds offered on Day 1 if medical or swimming test has been unsuccessfully completed.
Days 3 & 4
2 day trips to the outer edge of the Great Barrier Reef on board Downunder Dive's Osprey V, where you will be diving under the guidance of your instructor in the warm clear tropical waters of the Great Barrier Reef. Once all course requirements are complete, your instructor will present you with your PADI scuba licence.
Day 5 (optional upgrade)- A full day on board Osprey V with 3 certified dives for fun and experience. ($100 upgrade- saving of $124 per person)
- Expert tuition from our friendly & experienced dive instructors
- 2 days of theory and pool training
- PADI Dive Manual
- 2 days of Open Water diving on the Great Barrier Reef on Osprey V
- 4 Open Water training dives
- Free city transfers
- All equipment is included
- BBQ lunch provided onboard Osprey V, days 3 & 4
- 4 full days (Extra day upgrade available)
- 7.30am complimentary pick up from Cairns accommodation or 8am registration at the Downunder Dive training centre in Cairns
- Dive Courses commence Monday, Wednesday & Friday only
- Minimum Requirements to start the course: Students must be able to complete a basic swimming and floating test to complete this course. Students must be deemed fit by Dive Doctor before course commences. No Asthma! Students must be over the age of 12 years
- 5 day option is same as 4 day but with extra day on Osprey with 3 dives included
- Please read the important dive information before booking your dive course
- You can cancel your Learn to Dive course for any reason at any time up to the end of Day 1 of the course and receive a full refund of all money paid to Downunder Dive Cairns. There is no refund for any reason after this time.
- An additional fee of $20 per person per day while on dive boat is payable direct to Downunder Dive. This fee consists of a $5 Government Environmental Charge (EMC) as well as a Port Departure Tax, fuel levy and administration charges
- Dive Medical $44 - payable direct to the doctor on Day 1 of the dive course
- Children under the age of 15 must be accompanied by a parent or adult over the age of 18. There is no maximum age.
- It is a course requirement that you be able to swim 200 metres and tread water/float for 10 minutes
- Please leave at least 24 hours after your last dive before flying