Canyoning - Dove Canyon Cradle Mountain
Canyoning - Dove Canyon
Cradle Mountain Canyons provide a safe and action-filled opportunity to explore the Cradle Mountains stunning canyons. Grand King Billy Pines and untainted bushland will surround you as you embark on an unforgettable adventure at one of Australia’s greatest natural landscapes. The act of Canyoning refers to using your physical prowess to navigate your way through a steep section of river. During your canyoning experience, you will encounter waterfalls to jump off, cliffs to abseil down and shoots and waterslides to swim down. This exciting and adrenaline-rich sport separates the men and women from the boys and girls, so a decent level of physical fitness and an ability to swim is essential; however, you do not need to have any prior canyoning experience.
Full-Day Canyon Tour
Adventure seeking visitors to Tasmania will have a memorable and action-filled day of canyoning at the Cradle Mountain’s Dove Canyon. Pull on a wetsuit for a day of excitement as you make your way down 50 metres of Cradle Mountain’s stunning quartzite Canyon. With your comfortable and secure equipment, you will navigate your way down the river, riding the environment’s water slides, abseiling down cliffs and jumping from waterfalls. A major highlight of your voyage is the Laundry Shoot – a ten-metre high natural water slide that catapults canyon explorers into an open pool.
From the time you abseil into the canyon until the time you leave this beautiful area with a smile on your face, you are guaranteed a safe trip, complete with experienced guides who are qualified in abseiling, first aid and swift water rescue.
Take in the pristine beauty and excitement offered by one of Australia’s most renowned wilderness areas – the Dove Canyon is a full day adventure and is action packed from the start. There is nothing quite like the feeling of achievement you will feel after coming down from your Cradle Mountain Canyons tour high!
- Two experienced guides qualified in swift water rescue, first aid & abseil
- All specialized equipment required – wetsuit, helmet, life jacket, abseil harness & booties
- Lunch is included
- A great day canyoning
- Allow a full day (4 hours canyoning)
- Departs 8.30am (Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday)
- Departs Cradle Mountain Canyons office, 4038 Cradle Mountain road
- Operates during summer only (November - March)
- Parking is available free of charge at Cradle Mountain Canyons office
- Minimum age is 16 years
- Park fees are not included & need to be purchased from the Visitor Centre prior to the departure of your tour - $16.50 per adult & $8.50 per child
- You must be able to swim to do this activity
- Please bring swimwear, towel & woolen or polar fleece socks
- A hat, drink bottle & sun-cream are recommended for the walk into the canyon
- Any medication that is required on the trip can be taken in the guide's waterproof first aid kit
- All other equipment is provided
- T-shirts & photos of your experience are available at the end of the tour
- For a half day canyoning experience do the Lost World Canyon
Prices & Options
Dove Canyon: AUD$200.00
No Questions yet
Be the first to ask about Canyoning - Dove Canyon (Cradle Mountain).